NGO News Desk :: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Web Graphic Designer
Acuity with design / concept and coding are essential to this position. Required fluency in WordPress and Mailchimp platforms.
• Develops graphical and other multimedia content on web sites. Creates all online visual design, including typography, visual concept, logo and icon design for the Internet and interactive platforms. Effectively communicates and coordinates with the information architect, writer and prod uction artists to ensure that the visual design communicates the desired message, and functions successfully for varying technical and performance specifications. . Designs art and copy layouts using knowledge of Dreamweaver MX 2004, Photoshop CS, Flash MX 2004, and other graphical multimedia applications. Determines style, size, and arrangement of type and illustrations. Ensures design consistency throughout the entire web site and across platforms.
• Translates client’s marketing or informational content into a functional website.
• Creates verbal content for the website or using approved content from the client.
• Maps or outlines a website’s structural content.
• Creates or edits images and graphics for website use.
• Determines all coding requirements for site creation including: e- commerce capability, forms and specialized scripts.
• Create templates of approved website layout.
• Codes website using HTML, or GUI design software.
• Coordinates with programmers for specialized scripts.
• Integrates verbal content with site design for final product.
• Post completed site to internet server using File Transfer Protocol (FTP) software.
• Makes requested changes to the site directed by client.
• Submits completed site to search engines.
• Stays abreast of changes and new technologies and tools within field.
• Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Graphic Design, Web Design and Development, Information Design, Computer Science, Marketing or Related Field
• Requires 2-5 years of experience with developing and structuring web site designs for organizations
• Must show strong front-end design skills as well as facility with coding
• Must be able to work in WordPress
• Show great layout and typographic skills
• Illustration, animation skills and knowledge of Section 508 Compliance a plus
• Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.