WinRock International is seeking Awards Officer in Dhaka & in Kathmandu. Awards Officer 1 – Dhaka, Bangladesh or Kathmandu, Nepal Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Awards Officer 1 for the Awards Management Unit.
The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for this position are described in the attached position description.
GENERAL: Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance; retirement; and other normal Winrock benefits.
Applicants should possess authorization to work by the Government of Bangladesh or the Government of Nepal. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EOE/AA Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer 2 POSITION DESCRIPTION POSITION TITLE: Awards Officer 1 LOCATION: Dhaka, Bangladesh or Kathmandu, Nepal GROUP: Operations UNIT: Awards Management REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Awards Management POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports compliance management of a diverse portfolio of awards which includes contracts, grants and cooperative agreements. Monitor award related work flows and help develop and implement systems to strengthen compliance with award terms and conditions as well as applicable regulations and WI policy.
• Reviews assigned documents prior to signature and works to ensure the best possible terms for Winrock International.
• Provides guidance and identifies training needs to ensure award functions are implemented consistently across the global organization.
• Coordinates with contract and program staff to develop, analyze, revise, amend, review and negotiate contract documents, including, contracts, grants, cooperative agreements and subawards.
• Reviews sub-awards and modifications as assigned, notifies Associate Director of problems and risks, and takes the lead in researching disputes concerning contractual issues.
• As requested, visits field offices to assess compliance and ensures correct systems and filing are present
• Remains current on changes within the industry through resource sites, publications, and continuing education, and provides training and refresher sessions on pertinent topics.
• Acts as the “compliance go-to person” and provides guidance and advice to program staff on compliance issues and questions.
• Vets all issues outside of standard policies and procedures with the Associate Director.
• Projects a qualified appearance and cooperative attitude, maintains high ethical standards of integrity; respects confidentiality in representing Winrock International to ensure a professional representation at all times.
• Additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
• BS/BA in Business Administration, International Affairs, or related field, with 2-4 years relevant experience in a business setting or work in a regulatory environment; or MS/MA/MBA with 1-3 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Work experience should include at least one year of experience in non-profit grants/contracts operations
• Knowledge of US Government grant and management regulations such as 2 CFR 200; experience with USAID, USDA, and/or US DOL funding strongly preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills including writing, editing and proof-reading in English required. • Demonstrated strong organizational skills, including workflow management, coordinating a variety of tasks simultaneously and demonstrating flexibility; juggle competing priorities while ensuring quality output.
• Ability to manage priorities while maintaining attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
APPLICATIONS: Applicants should go to Jobs page at http://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/ to submit their application, cover letter and current resume by DATE.